In its 40’s, its long and flexible talons can no longer grab prey which serves as food. And its long and sharp beak becomes bent. Its old-aged and heavy wings, due to their thick feathers, become stuck to its chest and make it difficult to fly.
At this critical juncture of its life, the eagle is left with only two options:
1. Die being defeated by old age and time ... OR
2. Go through a painful process of change, which lasts 150 days.
The latter process requires that the eagle fly to a mountain top and sit on its’ nest. There the eagle knocks its’ beak against a rock until it plucks it out. This is very painful moment for this bird of prey. After plucking it out, the eagle will wait for a new beak to grow back and then it will pluck out its’ talonsWhen its’ new talons grow back, the eagle starts plucking its’ old-aged feathers. And after five months of painstaking moments, the eagle takes its’ famous flight of rebirth and lives for ... 30 more years !!
Why is change needed?
- Many times, in order to survive we have to start a change process.
- Sometimes we need to get rid of old memories, habits and other past traditions.
- Only when freed from past burdens, can we take advantage of the present.